Record-breaking event will help rebuild capacity
It’s with a grateful heart the IMPD Mounted Horse Patrol Association announces this year’s Polo at Sunset raised $24,000. That total surpasses last year’s event total by 35%.
Held on August 24 at Hickory Hall, all the funds raised from Polo at Sunset will benefit the officers and horses of the IMPD Mounted Patrol.
After the death of Dusty and Colonel this summer, this money will be put into service right away to help the unit boost the number of horses from seven to nine. The money will also be allocated to training seminars in Canada and Kentucky for the officers and horses.
We have many people to thank, including everyone who attended, bid, supported, and purchased items for this year’s event.
- Special thanks to Greg and Donna Chandler, proprietors of Hickory Hall Polo Club.
- Team sponsors The Stutz, Booth Dermatology, Two Chicks and a Hammer, Commercial Solutions and field sponsor Yellow Cab of Indiana.
- Event sponsors Two Chicks and a Hammer, Big Red Liquors, Commercial Solutions, Eppley Plastic Surgery, Halstead Architects, Hilltop Farms, James H. Drew, Heather Fortune, Tom Godby, Lockerbie Square, Dr. Lynn Klus, and Pacers Sports and Entertainment, Bill and Suzy Powers, and Scott Whitaker.
- Pilot Dave Esslinger and Laura Cain for the halftime candy drop.
- Elite Beverages for contributions to the Association and Polo at Sunset